How To Choose A Competent AZ Auto Repair Shop
Automotive Repair Advice Article: How to Improve Your Gas Mileage in Arizona
It’s no secret that good gas mileage can save you money.
With gas prices skyrocketing recently, most people are looking for ways to spend less at the pump. Here are some sure-fire tips for getting the most of out of your car’s gas mileage. They can produce some surprisingly significant results!
- Motor oil plays a part in good gas mileage. Ensure you’re getting the most out of your oil by using the recommended motor oil grade. You can also ask for “energy conserving” oil, which contains friction-reducing additives. When getting your oil change, verify the right weight of oil was used, because the wrong one can cause many problems and create very expensive engine issues later. So be sure to have your oil change by our professionals here at CarLife Auto Repair. We do it right and affordably…get our Oil Change Coupon.
- Take your foot off the gas pedal, and drive conservatively. Braking too much and gunning it at stoplights waste a lot of gas. Be sure to use your cruise control on the highway, as that can also save quite a bit of gas.
- Consider getting a manual shift when buying a new car. Interestingly enough, automatic transmissions have less efficient gas mileage than manual transmissions.
- Stick to the speed limit. Gas mileage heads downhill fast at speeds above 60 mph.
- Remove excess weight from your car. Extra weight can have a big impact on your gas mileage. The smaller your car, the bigger the impact.
- Avoid idling when parked. Idling wastes gas. It takes less gas to restart your engine than it takes to idle for three minutes or longer. And it’s better for our environment.