It is Halloween day, and many of us will be bringing our kids out for a night of fun and trick or treating. Whether you have kids of your own to take out or if you're planning on attending a Halloween event, such as a haunted house or party, please remember the following safety tips while driving:
- Keep an eye out for any pedestrians and always give them the right of way. Kids tend to run and will be very excited, so give yourself plenty of time to search around for kids nearby.
- Drive slow, especially in neighborhoods.
- Stop longer at stop signs at intersections for kids crossing.
- Never park your car in a red zone or illegal spot. Do not block traffic or walkways.
- Be careful when backing out of driveways! Make sure to go slowly and give pedestrians plenty of time to see your vehicle.
- Make sure that your vehicle's lights are working properly so that people will be able to see your vehicle on the road at night.
- Always stay sober if you are driving. If you plan on drinking, please use a ride share service or taxi to get home.
Halloween is an exciting and fun day, but being sure that you drive safely will prevent any accidents or tragedies from occurring during the fun. Have a happy Halloween!